Hyderabad man discovers worm crawling in a Cadbury chocolate: Video
A man in Hyderabad had a distressing encounter recently when he discovered a worm crawling in a Cadbury chocolate bar he purchased from a metro station in the city.
A man in Hyderabad had a distressing encounter recently when he discovered a worm crawling in a Cadbury chocolate bar he purchased from a metro station in the city. Robin Zaccheus shared a video of the incident on social media platform X (formerly Twitter), along with the bill from Ratnadeep Retail store at Ameerpet metro station where he bought the chocolate for Rs 45.
Found a worm crawling in Cadbury chocolate purchased at Ratnadeep Metro Ameerpet today..— Robin Zaccheus (@RobinZaccheus) February 9, 2024
Is there a quality check for these near to expiry products? Who is responsible for public health hazards? @DairyMilkIn @ltmhyd @Ratnadeepretail @GHMCOnline @CommissionrGHMC pic.twitter.com/7piYCPixOx
In his post, Zaccheus questioned the quality check procedures for products nearing their expiry dates and expressed concern about public health hazards. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation responded, stating that the food controller had been notified about the issue.
The incident prompted various reactions from users, with many urging Zaccheus to take decisive action against the authorities. Suggestions ranged from filing a grievance with Cadbury for sample collection and investigation to seeking compensation through legal means.
Efforts to address such incidents and ensure food safety remain essential, with consumers increasingly vigilant about product quality and accountability.