Be alert, stay away from fraud - How to secure your ATM card and PIN
· Never let anyone see you entering your Personal Identification Number (ATM Password), conduct your ATM transactions in complete privacy.
· Ensure that the welcome screen is displayed on the ATM screen after completion of the transaction.
· Beware of suspicious movements of people around the ATM or strangers trying to engage you in conversation.
· Do check if the card given to you by the merchant after completion of the transaction is your card.
· Look for extra devices attached to the ATMs that looks suspicious.
· Report any unauthorised transaction immediately and inform the bank if the ATM / debit card is lost or stolen.
· Regularly check ATM transaction alert SMSs and bank statements
· Report to the bank on the number mentioned in the notice board if cash is not dispensed and the ATM does not display "cash out".
· Check your phone for SMS for a debit amount immediately.
· Do not write your PIN on the card. Memorise your PIN number,
· Do not take help from strangers or handover your card to anyone for using it.
· Do not disclose your PIN to anyone, including bank employees and family members.
· Do not allow the card to go out of your sight when you are making a payment.
· While you are transacting, avoid speaking on the mobile phone.